Change font size   Print view

help faders dont work anymore??

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

help faders dont work anymore??

Postby iwan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am

who can help me?
yesterday everythig works fine today i started my pc up launches dbbridge like usual started cubase 7.5 on opened a project and that behaved like a christmas tree.. selectecd different tracks running the pan pots etc... i dindt touch anything...
i restarted the computer and started up again...
the faders dont work at all .. in cubase everything else works . the transport bar etc only the pa pot doing nothing and the faders dont do anything..
when i close d8bridge they dont go back to 0 position anymore
anybody knows what the problem could be ..???
iwan

Re: help faders dont work anymore??

Postby iwan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:10 am

... also the zoom pots dont work anymore....
iwan

Postby bitSync » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:31 pm

iwan wrote:...when i close d8bridge they dont go back to 0 position anymore
anybody knows what the problem could be ..???

From my experience, the faders not returning to zero (MIDI zero, fader gain -infinity) upon closing D8Bridge v1.1 is a symptom of the d8bridge.exe process not actually terminating. I'm running Win7 x64 and when I shut down D8Bridge normally, I get a dialog box from Windows asking me if I want to shut down the D8Bridge program. It is only when I select shut down the application from the Windows dialog box that the d8bridge.exe process terminates and the D8Bridge application puts the faders to zero. If I shutdown D8Bridge v1.1 and the D8Bridge GUI just goes away without any Windows prompt and without sending the faders all the way down, it's a sure sign that the d8bridge.exe process is still running. If you re-invoke D8Bridge v1.1 it does not check to see if there is a d8bridge.exe process already running and it will just load up another instance. During troubleshooting in the past, I've looked in the process list and seen multiple instances of d8bridge.exe running. If you have multiple instances of D8Bridge v1.1 running, all kinds of wacky stuff can happen. Make sure you terminate all running instances of d8bridge.exe from the process list before invoking D8Bridge v1.1.

I don't know if this will solve all your problems but it might help with the faders to zero on termination issue. You might also want to check that your MCU mapping is still OK within Cubase. If you've added or removed any MIDI devices or drivers, that may have undesirably dislocated the MCU mapping inside your DAW that you thought you had.

You'll also want to be certain that you're running the 32 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1. The 64 bit version doesn't work properly.

Let us know how you make out.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby iwan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:19 pm

thanks for the reaction..!!!
i tried it but its not that..
the faders want to move but it takes several hours to come down...
it gets stranger and stranger.. when i launch cubase after launching d8bridge it allready starts to run all around in the steinberg hub i scolls around the options..
that is also happening in the project it is select different tracks and moving the visual faders in the project but tthe physical faders dont move ...
realy a bit worried
iwan

Postby bitSync » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Sounds pretty strange.

Just to be certain -

• There are no other d8bridge.exe processes running when you start D8Bridge?
  • You are definitely using the 32 bit version of D8Bridge, not the 64 bit version?
  • Your MCU MIDI port mapping inside Cubase is what you expect it to be?

Also, are you certain your USB-to-serial cable (if you're using one) is compatible with your OS version?

Do you experience the same problems with a different Cubase file? Is there such a thing as Cubase project file corruption?

Does the d8b function normally when booted in its native d8b mode?

Are the d8b data port serial connector contacts clean?

Maybe a fresh install of Cubase is worth a try?

That's all I've got...
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby iwan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:00 pm

they say it had to do somthing with a rail capacitor....
i dont kow how i can fix this .. realy lousy dont want to trash my d8b .. i was gettig used to it...
iwan

Postby bitSync » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

bitSync wrote:Does the d8b function normally when booted in its native d8b mode?

iwan wrote:they say it had to do somthing with a rail capacitor....
i dont kow how i can fix this .. realy lousy dont want to trash my d8b .. i was gettig used to it...

So, the d8b doesn't work normally in and of itself? Then this isn't a D8Bridge thing. If you click on the d8b Database link at the top of the forum and look in the maintenance section you'll find some information on the repairs for the rail capacitor problem. There's also some really smart people on the d8b board who might offer some help. Good luck!
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Eddos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Ok, i see im the lucky guy who bought this d8b.
Now i have to search where the problem is
Eddos

Postby the boss » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:22 am

Hi

The 5v switched psu in the big green box. Located to the right. Over time it starts to get instabile. It's very hard to get because it's equipped with a special sensor so you can't just replace it with an ordinary 5v 22amps.
the boss

Postby Eddos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:31 pm

the boss wrote:Hi

The 5v switched psu in the big green box. Located to the right. Over time it starts to get instabile. It's very hard to get because it's equipped with a special sensor so you can't just replace it with an ordinary 5v 22amps.

Thanks for the reply big boss.

I was a little bit worried for the broken rail cap where everyone talks about, so i opened the d8b myself and looked to the brainboard and the 3 other boards where the faders are attached. i see nothing burned or oxidized. The looked almost brandnew!

Maby it's the big green box, i don't know.
Is the big green box you mention the box in the computer or in the d8b mixer?

I really need some help :cry:
Eddos

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum