Change font size   Print view

Has anyone heard from Marc Girard

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Has anyone heard from Marc Girard

Postby fred620 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 pm

I contacted him about 3 weeks ago letting him know i bought a d8b with v5.1 for $650 and am interested in his d8bridge setup. He replied within in a span of a day with info on his masterpiece. My next email that same day was a picture of the back of my d8b showing the cards to see what cards i can sell on ebay. I haven't heard from him since. I know life gets in the way and things come up and i hope he is ok. Im just patiently waiting on an answer :cry:
fred620

Re: Has anyone heard from Marc Girard

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:08 pm

fred620 wrote:I contacted him about 3 weeks ago letting him know i bought a d8b with v5.1 for $650 and am interested in his d8bridge setup. He replied within in a span of a day with info on his masterpiece. My next email that same day was a picture of the back of my d8b showing the cards to see what cards i can sell on ebay. I haven't heard from him since. I know life gets in the way and things come up and i hope he is ok. Im just patiently waiting on an answer :cry:

Right here mate, I thought I already answered your emails. Yes, you can sell what ever cards you don't need. (If you want to use your D8B as a controller). As for audio support in v2.0, can't promise anything yet, I haven't tested all possible setups.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby fred620 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank YOU MARC!!!!!! Just so i have an understanding...i dont the need the Apogee Word Clock either to use as a controller? All i really want to use is the talkaback if possible. As as soon as i sell the audio cards im ordering!!!! Good luck on 2.0!!!!
fred620

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:54 pm

fred620 wrote:Thank YOU MARC!!!!!! Just so i have an understanding...i dont the need the Apogee Word Clock either to use as a controller? All i really want to use is the talkaback if possible. As as soon as i sell the audio cards im ordering!!!! Good luck on 2.0!!!!

Oh, OK, hold on. There might be a problem here, if I remember correctly, the word clock card is the *ONLY* card that you cannot take off your board, if you want to use Audio with it someday. The D8B will operate as normal but no audio will go thru without a word clock card. I read about this on this very site, years ago. Better double check it. If you are *NOT* planning to use *ANY AUDIO* at all, you can sell your word clock card.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:35 pm

lol
mixingmusic

Return to D8Bridge Forum