Change font size   Print view

MIXINGMUSIC's x64 Issues and Solutions Thread

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

MIXINGMUSIC's x64 Issues and Solutions Thread

Postby bitSync » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 pm

mixingmusic wrote:I said it worked great in 32bit not 64bit...

@mixingmusic,

I'm using the v1.1 "d8bridge.exe" x32 executable on an x64 OS with an x64 DAW using an x32 MIDI loopback software with managable bugginess, mostly using learned workaraounds, with just a few insurmountable bugs. There are others on here also successfully using "d8bridge.exe" x32 with x64 Cubase. So it's certainly possible to get D8Bridge working in some reasonable capacity with your x64 Cubase.

I get that you think I can't really be helpful to you because I'm using a DAW other than Cubase, but I am still reading your posts and I am still wondering what it is you are actually saying. If you could clear up this one statement above that would go a long way in us (if not me, then maybe others) helping you resolve your issues.

When you say it doesn't work correctly in 64 bit what is the 64 bit it you are talking about? Are you talking about your 64 bit operating system, your 64 bit DAW or your 64 bit D8Bridge, or some combination of those things? This has never been clear to me from any of your posts. Ideally, you can tell us exactly what versions and exe's (x32 or x64) of software you are using. The last time I asked you to give us some information so that we could help, you pretty much told me (rather nicely) to go away. But no one here can help you if you don't provide even the minimum information about your setup. Please tell us version and exe (x32 or x64) -

DAW: Cubase 7.? x32? x64?
D8Bridge Executable: Which D8Bridge exe are you invoking, and are you absolutely certain this is the version you are invoking? In the way of a helpful suggestion, you may want to do a search on your filesystem for any instance of the 64-bit D8Bridge executable "d8bridge_x64.exe" and rename it to "d8bridge_x64.exe.trash" or simply delete it so there's no possibility you are accidentally running this x64 executable when you may think you're running the "d8bridge.exe" x32 executable. You can also look in the process list while D8Bridge is running and confirm the name of the executable.
MIDI Loopback Software: Which program?

I suspect one or more of a few things; (1) the D8Bridge executable you are invoking is actually the x64 executable "d8bridge_x64.exe", even though you may think you are running the x32 version "d8bridge.exe" (this happens more easily than you might think), (2) the d8b.config file you're using is hosed up (but can be easily repaired/rebuilt), or (3) the MIDI port mapping in your loopback software is not setup correctly or your port mapping in your DAW doesn't map to how your loopback software is setup. There are some other oddities to look out for like multiple instances of d8bridge.exe running concurrently, etc., but these are the most likely culprits.

On Casey's heels, I would like to encourage you to use this new, dedicated thread focused on solving your specific problems. The D8Bridge 2.0 thread has been badly hijacked and should be allowed to return to its original topic; it's just a simple courtesy for the rest of the users of the forum. Please consider using this new thread devoted to your specific issues.

Marc has made it clear that a v1.2 will not be forthcoming to fix v1.1 as he originally announced. So, it is what it is. You should count on v2.0 being a complete unknown at this point; count on absolutely nothing. I regard Marc's well-meaning status updates as visionary projections of his intent rather than any sort of delivery committments you can hang your hat on. Although I wrestled with a good bit of personal aggravation over v1.1's incompleteness/bugginess having invested so heavily in its troubleshooting (the cost of the D8Bridge software pales in comparison to my personal investment of troubleshooting and analysis time), I've come to realize that there is no amount of angst that will influence the future of D8Bridge. It will be whatever it will be and whenever it will be. If you resolve to expect nothing from BluAudio and to make the best of v1.1 you may find some personal peace on the issue as well as a reasonably well integrated and highly functional control surface for your Cubase. There are folks on here who are willing to try to help if you can focus on getting your v1.1 integrated well with Cubase and get past the D8Bridge unmet expectations thing.

Please let us know how we can help. Thanks and good luck.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: MIXINGMUSIC's x64 Issues and Solutions Thread

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Very nice resume of the current situation, couldn't said it better myself. Thanks for taking the time to write this all up!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Return to D8Bridge Forum