Change font size   Print view

Status of D8Bridge 2.0???

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: Status of D8Bridge 2.0???

Postby topdiggy2 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Subject: Status of D8Bridge 2.0???

Marc Girard wrote:D8Bridge 2.0 is under development still. You see, I do not make a living out of D8Bridge, it is a side project. Now days, I'm busy working on other projects that pays the bills and bring food on the table. As soon as things slow down, I'll finish D8Bridge 2.0. As for Mixingmusic, he's the only one complaining... Don't bother, there's over 50 D8Bridge users running the software happily.

Thanks for your interest!

Hello Marc:

Well, before my thread got hijacked the "hate"...what i was trying to find out is if its okay to buy d8brige v1.1 right now as a working solution for my setup or wait until 2.0?

I recently bought a Mackie D8b with the intention of being able to use it as both a controller AND audio front end console. But, the unit i received did not include the "console data cable" so i get a system error 43: can not find host on it.

Before i buy the cable and start trouble shooting to get this rig working. I wanted to know exactly what I could accomplish with v1.1 working right now.

I have 2x MOTU 896HDs that i can use for my front end mixing & A/D for now. So, i can live without using the audio features of the d8b. However, it would be nice if i can get this thing booted up...anyway

I guess I'm just a bit confused as to what i would be getting if i buy the v1.1 now....feel me? I can live with just having the controller working right now as long as it controls my daw (ultimately i want to use PT 10.3 HD & Ableton Live under OSX, but, i can make do with Cubase/Sonar & Ableton Live under WIN7 for now)

What will i need to do that? Will i need the d8b cpu unit working? Or am I correct in understanding that D8Bridge works as a stand alone connecting my d8b controller direct to my workstation

In one of your videos i saw that you had a custom boot/OS running right into Logic/Cubase i believe...what's up with that?

Anyone with anything helpful to add, please chime in....!!!

Thanks
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Klangarchitekten » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:21 am

Buy something from Marc and you are FITA (....coming from PITA)
-----------------------------------------------
Stanley Shepherd
Producer, MixEngineer, Remixer
-----------------------------------------------
Klangarchitekten

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 pm

topdiggy2 wrote:Subject: Status of D8Bridge 2.0???

Marc Girard wrote:D8Bridge 2.0 is under development still. You see, I do not make a living out of D8Bridge, it is a side project. Now days, I'm busy working on other projects that pays the bills and bring food on the table. As soon as things slow down, I'll finish D8Bridge 2.0. As for Mixingmusic, he's the only one complaining... Don't bother, there's over 50 D8Bridge users running the software happily.

Thanks for your interest!

Hello Marc:

Well, before my thread got hijacked the "hate"...what i was trying to find out is if its okay to buy d8brige v1.1 right now as a working solution for my setup or wait until 2.0?

I recently bought a Mackie D8b with the intention of being able to use it as both a controller AND audio front end console. But, the unit i received did not include the "console data cable" so i get a system error 43: can not find host on it.

Before i buy the cable and start trouble shooting to get this rig working. I wanted to know exactly what I could accomplish with v1.1 working right now.

I have 2x MOTU 896HDs that i can use for my front end mixing & A/D for now. So, i can live without using the audio features of the d8b. However, it would be nice if i can get this thing booted up...anyway

I guess I'm just a bit confused as to what i would be getting if i buy the v1.1 now....feel me? I can live with just having the controller working right now as long as it controls my daw (ultimately i want to use PT 10.3 HD & Ableton Live under OSX, but, i can make do with Cubase/Sonar & Ableton Live under WIN7 for now)

What will i need to do that? Will i need the d8b cpu unit working? Or am I correct in understanding that D8Bridge works as a stand alone connecting my d8b controller direct to my workstation

In one of your videos i saw that you had a custom boot/OS running right into Logic/Cubase i believe...what's up with that?

Anyone with anything helpful to add, please chime in....!!!

Thanks

I no longer have the Cable but I will sell you the v1.1 Software for $40.00....
mixingmusic

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum