Change font size   Print view

Mac and D8Bridge - New Idea!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Mac and D8Bridge - New Idea!

Postby frama78 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:24 pm

One silly thought on D8Bridge V1.1

I do have V1.1 and it just works just fine with my PC and Studio One V2. But I´ve moved to a Mac so I can´t use it anymore (until V2 comes out in...2016? ;-) )

Anyway. Wouldn´t it be possible to link a PC and Mac together and run may S1 on both the Mac AND the PC simultaniously? I should can run D8Bridge this way? Or am I wrong?

I think, I´ve seen such a setup somewhere.... A Guy who makes TV-Stuff runs his DAW for composing on one machine and the film-stuff runs on a seperate computer.
frama78

Re: Mac and D8Bridge - New Idea!

Postby brucerothwell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:38 pm

You might be speaking of the Vienna Symphonic Library -- a music software and sample library.

A component of that is "VIENNA ENSEMBLE -- a free mixing and host software that is automatically installed with Vienna Instruments". It is "stand-alone application, ideal for running your Vienna Instruments Software on external Macs and PCs: 8 ports with 16 MIDI channels each".

For intensely complex productions, especially when computers weren't as powerful as they were today, this was a crucial and beneficial feature.
brucerothwell

Return to D8Bridge Forum