Change font size   Print view

My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Postby MOSHWITZ » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Sup?

Neto...did you try booting your D8B cold without the data cable to the Boards CPU and let the board fail first?

The reason I asked is when I got my cables and hooked it up the first time,, I was exited and in a hurry, my board was already on and just unplugged the data cable and plugged in the D8Bridge cable and I had one channel that wouldn't light up its meters but I knew they work. it would only start to light up about 3 LED's as the others were shutting down,, after pushing test LED's twice so the test lasts 10 seconds. the one channel would come on at 6 seconds every time.

So I thought ,,Wait i never did a cold boot,,,and I don't know if it had any bearing but I also had the clock card still hooked to my RME,, so I unplugged that and did a cold boot and BAM... there it was it loaded then awaits DAW,,,and lit everything first time when I pushed Test LED's.

I don't have the Fader calibration button either,, But I think Marc mentioned it not being there once in another post.

Anyway...
MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:45 pm

It was in working order last time I used it about a year ago...I disconnectedt the D8bridge and tried my old set up using my alesis HD24, everything lights up like is supposed to and everything works.
Connected the D8bridge again, click on the "Test D8B LEDs" button and still the same as before, the whole meter bridge including LR lights up but only channels 1-12 light . When I click on "Reset D8B" the VFD says is waiting for DAW to initialize.
I noticed that on my D8bridge panel I don,t have the FADER CALIBRATION option like the pic on the installation instructions.

Could you post a photo of the board? I was saying that might be a problem with your D8B because the "Test LEDs" button send a hardware command to the D8B, so if your board lights up only at half, it might be a Brain Control problem.

I'd like you to do a test: Download a demo version of Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm) and configure it to work with D8Bridge (see previous post). Test all 24 faders and Mute/Solo Buttons. See if it's working.

As for the "Fader Calibration" button, this screenshot was taken with a development version of D8Bridge and the button is gone because it was impossible for us to reverse engineer the Fader Calibration procedure done in Mackie OS. It looked good on paper but coding it is another thing. Maybe Mister Tudor could help us with this endeavor.

Thanks,
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby neto117 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am

@ MOSHWITZ
Yes I tried a cold start with and without the data cable connected, made some progress... read below.

Marc Girard wrote:Could you post a photo of the board? I was saying that might be a problem with your D8B because the "Test LEDs" button send a hardware command to the D8B, so if your board lights up only at half, it might be a Brain Control problem.

I'd like you to do a test: Download a demo version of Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm) and configure it to work with D8Bridge (see previous post). Test all 24 faders and Mute/Solo Buttons. See if it's working.

I downloaded the demo version of REAPER and was able to get it working except the "test leds button", that issue still remains. After a few hours of experimenting I came to the conclusion that part of my problem is with LOOPMIDI. every time I reboot the PC I loose my port settings on the D8bridge and also noticed that port 2 on loopmidi kept loosing connectivity and would start working after performing a repair function which is an option when uninstalling LOOPMIDI. I kept having a problem with port 2 in LOOPMIDI so I loaded another port and substituded it. I then kept loosing ports 1,2 and 3 so I deleted all of them and loaded 6 new ones which I renamed 11,12,13,14,15 & 16 now all the LEDS, 24 faders and Mute/Solo Buttons seem to be working and comunicating with Reaper except for the digital display which lights up but does not synchrinize. The display on the VFD never changes from "initialize DAW"
I will keep experimenting tomorrow and post pics when I get a chance.

Any progress with Sonar/Cakewalk?
D8B 5.1, PROBOX, Tascam FW-1804 & US-1800, Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interfaces, Win10 PRO, AMD PhenII X6 3.3 GHz, 16gb Ram, SONAR Platinum, Five 1tb HDs One for OS & Progs Four Mirrored in 2 Vols for Audio & Video files and a 60G SSD.
neto117

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:15 am

I downloaded the demo version of REAPER and was able to get it working except the "test leds button", that issue still remains. After a few hours of experimenting I came to the conclusion that part of my problem is with LOOPMIDI. every time I reboot the PC I loose my port settings on the D8bridge and also noticed that port 2 on loopmidi kept loosing connectivity and would start working after performing a repair function which is an option when uninstalling LOOPMIDI. I kept having a problem with port 2 in LOOPMIDI so I loaded another port and substituded it. I then kept loosing ports 1,2 and 3 so I deleted all of them and loaded 6 new ones which I renamed 11,12,13,14,15 & 16 now all the LEDS, 24 faders and Mute/Solo Buttons seem to be working and comunicating with Reaper except for the digital display which lights up but does not synchrinize. The display on the VFD never changes from "initialize DAW"

Looks like you might have some sort of a MIDI loop happening. LoopMIDI has a midi loop protection routine that keeps the software to go into an infinite loop. When it happens, the stops the faulty midi port(s). Check on this, maybe give a try to MidiYoke instead? (You using the 64bit version of Sonar?)

Any progress with Sonar/Cakewalk?

Yes. I just discovered that Sonar keeps on trying to connect to an MCU indefinitely until the unit replies some sort of a "host connected" message. All other DAWs don't do this, I don't know why. I sent an email to the guy who wrote the MCU Sonar plugin to see what can be done about this.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby neto117 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:42 pm

[
quote="Marc Girard"]
Looks like you might have some sort of a MIDI loop happening. LoopMIDI has a midi loop protection routine that keeps the software to go into an infinite loop. When it happens, the stops the faulty midi port(s). Check on this, maybe give a try to MidiYoke instead? (You using the 64bit version of Sonar?)

Marc,
Your quick replies are very much appreciated, thanks.
Yes, I'm using the 64bit version. I tried installing midiyoke but half way through the install it quits.
D8B 5.1, PROBOX, Tascam FW-1804 & US-1800, Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interfaces, Win10 PRO, AMD PhenII X6 3.3 GHz, 16gb Ram, SONAR Platinum, Five 1tb HDs One for OS & Progs Four Mirrored in 2 Vols for Audio & Video files and a 60G SSD.
neto117

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:31 pm

neto117 wrote:Your quick replies are very much appreciated, thanks.
Yes, I'm using the 64bit version. I tried installing midiyoke but half way through the install it quits.

We're quick because we care! :) Forget about MidiYoke then, LoopMIDI is your only viable option if you are gonna be using a 64bit DAW. I'll install LoopMIDI here and do some screenshot of a working config.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby eaygee » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 am

Greetings Marc i'm loving this D8bridge been using it for the last 4 days. couple of questions. Is there anyway you can implement the undo button? very important when tracking in Nuendo? 2nd question Is there anyway to use Locate(markers) on the D8b transport section? 3rd and Last question (for now... lol) I see we have access to the plugins how can you edit your plugins for example using the Urs 12 graphics eq, is there we can edit that on the board in Nuendo?

Once again thank you for bringing a 2nd life into the D8B.

Eaygee...
eaygee

Postby neto117 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:57 am

Marc Girard wrote:
Could you post a photo of the board? I was saying that might be a problem with your D8B because the "Test LEDs" button send a hardware command to the D8B, so if your board lights up only at half, it might be a Brain Control problem.

Here are the pics I promised earlier...
This one is when clickin on the test leds button.
and this one is what the VFD display reads. The reset D8b button does not reset, I always end up rebooting the D8B.
neto117

Postby Red Carpet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:42 pm

I got my cable like last week Friday i was very happy :D
and today it's Monday i hope to get my usb to r323 adapter :roll:
so i can finally use it can't wait to try it :mrgreen:
i will give you an update here when i got it working i am working with cubase 4.0 studio version :!:

O and how much will the updated version of the software cost if an update is availeble :?:

:arrow: THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE WORK U PUTT IN TO THIS GUYS :!:

next little question :?:

I was wondering if any of u guy's could give me some tips on mastering :geek:
cos me and some friends are making new music every week but we would like to master these tracks to :ugeek:
and i think we already have all the equipment to do it but this mastering business is a job apart 8-)
where should we look at , any tips would be useful. :idea:
Thanks's in advance :P
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:56 pm

well i tested it and it sees my d8b so that's good

but it keeps sending midi impulses and it says error in d8b software i am at home right now downloading the file again from my email adres maybe a faulty download i go back to the studio in a minute to test again

then i had another problem when i turned on my yamaha kx8 and started cubase the yamaha kx8 worked as usual
this i also a little daw controller so that could be a problem and it was i geuss

i tried resetting the d8b with the d8bridge software because the screen was reading thanks for rocking bye bye
so i tried the reset but that did not work it changed the mediyoke setting to kx nothing worked

i restarted my computer and did not turn on my yamaha kx8

can somebody help me with the problem of the yamaha kx 8 cos it is a importend piece of equipment for my studio

thanks in advance
Red Carpet

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum