Change font size   Print view

Multiple D8Bridges on 1 workstation?

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Multiple D8Bridges on 1 workstation?

Postby simonfuzzy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am

Hi Marc and the team.

I have an unusual question, apologies if this has already been asked. Is it possible to have more than 1 d8Bridge running on a DAW? For example, if one had 2 d8b's running on Cubase or Nuendo, would it be possible to get both running on different parts of the session? I ask from a film mixing point of view, where one person mixes the music while another mixes the dialogue, etc.

Thanks a mil and, once again, HUGE thanks to you and your team! About to go order my first copy of d8Bridge :)

Good luck with the HUI and Mac development!
simonfuzzy

Re: Multiple D8Bridges on 1 workstation?

Postby Marc Girard » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello there,

In theory, this is possible. You can run 2 D8Bridges side by side and drive 2 D8B consoles. The only "limitation" would be, I suppose, that all faders and banks would be subsequent. You'd have 48 channels available but not in different area of your mix. That's a limitation of Nuendo/Cubase, for banking and channel scrolling. Makes sense in a way.

I do have 2 D8Bs here, I could test this config if you'd be interested! :)

Cheers
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Re: Multiple D8Bridges on 1 workstation?

Postby livefromheaven » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

I am also curious about this. So does this mean that only 24 Faders are controllable at a single time? the other 24 faders on a second D8B would just mimic the first one? I'd love to set both D8Bs side by side for full 48 fader control of the mix.
livefromheaven

Return to D8Bridge Forum