Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge and REAPER??? Does it really work???

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge and REAPER??? Does it really work???

Postby BrianJ » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 am

MOSHWITZ, I think you use the bridge with reaper don't you? Can you also comment on the other controls and how they function???

Brian
BrianJ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm

BrianJ wrote:I did notice the master meter wasn't moving though...why is that?

The master meter doesn't work because it is not implemented in the MCU protocol. There's no master meter on a real MCU.

BrianJ wrote:Also, what about all the other contols for the bridge? Looking at your picture of the button mappings, I see there's quite a few other functions implemented in the bridge...Midi tr. Audio tr. outputs, bussus, user, channel left, channel right, bank left, bank right, fader flip, zoom on/off, cursor/zoom left right up/down, Vselect 1-8, vpot 1-8, view mcu1,2,3, Edit plugin, edit track, edit send, f1-f8, etc.etc....basically everything on the right side of the board beside the transport controls...do these all work within reaper? If not, what doesn't work? Or what does?

I haven't tested all the buttons on every DAW as it would be time consuming, I only tested out the main features. I can confirm that the faders, master fader, pans, select, solo, mute, meter bridge, SMPTE display, transport and jog wheel are all working fine.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby BrianJ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks Marc...I put a post up on the Reaper forums to let guys know about this post and your test video...hopefully it'll generate some buzz for you...!
BrianJ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mr.Fonic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm

for reaper better using 1.0 version tick "meter bridge decay" with value of 70. And using 1 Mackie control and 2 Mackie control extension (internal) without using Klinkes plugin, for full 24 track control.
But Marc where is ?? And version 2 ??????
PC 4core 3.8 Windows 11, Mackie d8b 5.1 OS, Mackie HDR24/96, Motu 2408mk3, t.c. electronic Finalizer 96k and M2000, Roland A-880, Behringer T1953 and DSP8024, Fostex 8 track tape, TC-HELICON voiceworks plus, Alesis AI-1, Yamaha MSP-5, Waves 13
Mr.Fonic

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum