Change font size   Print view

I'm Back! (Finally!)

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

I'm Back! (Finally!)

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm ready to start working again on D8Bridge. I took a long break, I had to. Sometimes, life throws curves at you and it happened to me. After too many long months, I'm happy to report that I'm back in action.

Now, I want to be clear and transparent to my user base. Here's the immediate plan: Release D8Bridge 1.2 soon. Robert Hicks sent me a detailed bug list of D8Bridge 1.1 and I plan on fixing all them suckers. Even if I didn't contribute much to the forum in the last few months, I was still reading posts and I know that some Sonar users are having problems with D8Bridge. I'll put a priority on this.

You see, I wrote this software for myself, learning how to address Windows' system calls and real time MIDI on the fly. I'm far from being perfect but I thought that for the sake of the D8B community, we'd be better off with a pretty good D8Bridge hack than none at all.

So, on these words I'm leaving you to go back to my compiler and I'll keep you posted, thank you all for your support and patience.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Re: I'm Back! (Finally!)

Postby devinroy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Whoooooo!
devinroy

Postby deanoh » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Welcome back Marc! I hope you’re well mate and get back to work now please! :D
deanoh

Postby devinroy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Haha even though I'm new to the forum, I have a feeling that when you implement d8bridge 2 you will have a large cash flow all of a sudden. We're waitin!!
devinroy

Postby dewphonic3 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:14 am

:D :D :D ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT!!!!!
dewphonic3

Postby bitSync » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 am

This is wonderful news! I'm glad you are feeling better and ready to dig in. D8Bridge is a really brilliant concept and with just a few wrinkles ironed out I'm sure v1.2 will be totally killer. Please let us know if and how we can help.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Axeman098 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :) I was beginning to get worried 'bout you Marc! :P Glad to hear an update from you! I'll be placing my order very soon! Thank you for mentioning the Sonar issues, as this is very important to me personally, as Sonar is still my primary DAW.

I have seen where you are advertising the D8Bridge on Ebay as well. I am assuming it doesn't matter "where" I place the order, everything is the same correct?
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Fri May 03, 2013 2:37 am

I'm really glad to see you back Marc.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RustyNotes » Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Welcome back!!

I have some things to add to the buglist.

Studio one 2.5 user
Windows 8 x64
D8Bridge x32
Studio One x64

- Meter bridge is showing wrong data. Sometimes the tracks are clipping (on the D8B meter bridge), even if I have a lot of headroom in my daw.

- Panning is messed up. If i touch the pan controll on each channel, it automaticlly jumps 100% left. And I have to turn it like 325 times to get it back to center. Can't even turn it right. It jumps to the left, and moves veeeeery slowely to the right, even if you turn the knob like a mofo.

- Same thing goes when trying to controll Cubase EQ with the D8B. It goes all the way to one direction rather quick, on the smallest touch. And it takes more then 100 turnes to get it to the other way. So EQ-ing and panning via the D8B is no good for me.

That's all I can think of, other wise, I love it!! Still would like to see PT support cuz I'm planning on moving from Studio One to Pro Tools 11 soon :)

Thanks!
RustyNotes

Postby RustyNotes » Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Don't wanna be that guy, but somebody has to. It has been 1 month since you said "I'm back!". Just wanna ask if there's something you can share with us? I don't expect you to have another release ready.. just want to know what's going on! Peace
RustyNotes

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum