Change font size   Print view

d8bridge working with AUDIO on the console!!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: d8bridge working with AUDIO on the console!!

Postby bitSync » Thu May 23, 2013 5:26 am

elperroromel wrote:
bitSync wrote:In the reaper MCU documentation you posted on the project wiki, it mentions the following message from the MCU to the DAW upon startup -

Code: Select all
F0 00 00 66 14 01 58 59 5A 57 18 61 05 57 18 61 05 F7

but interestingly, D8Bridge sends no such F0 00 00 66 14 01 ... F7 message to the DAW on startup. Also interestingly, this message corresponds to the Host Connection Query message that Logic Control sends to the DAW on startup. Hmmm...

well maybe the Reaper guys send that sysex just in case and maybe was not necessary :lol:

I thought that too, but their documentation says they saw it going by from the MCU... that's why I want to see the real deal MCU talking with my own eyes.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 am

elperroromel wrote:...and also I still haven't found how the meters in the d8b are updated, If you find something about it let me know...

Check out the 0xD0 Metering messages in the Logic Control Hardware Manual Version 2.0, page 118, on your wiki project links page.

[Edit - after rereading your post I think I may have misunderstood. You appear to be asking about ladder meter control inside the d8b, not the MCP messages used for metering? The only thing I could suggest is a serial sniffer on the d8b serial data port to examine and document the serial messages encountered during program material playback through the board without any control surface automation going on.]
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby elperroromel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

It's been a while since I have updated this post, I am still working on it, Here a list of advances I have achieved (with help from a guy that found the led meters and time display codes)

the first 8 channel work, with button leds feedback (including vpots) and led meters(still testing)

the remaining channels work but only sending to DAW, the receiving part for now only receives the faders values, if you press mute button, the corresponding led button will not turn on(the same happens with vpots leds) will work on that later, It's easy to solve, just I was busy implementing the led meters part

the transport buttons work and jog wheel/scrub/zoom

the remaining mcu buttons is just matter of mapping to a specific d8b buttons

just implemented the time display, for now it works, just needs to clear the displays when changing from minutes/secs to bars/beats

added an extra midi port so I can map buttons to a non-mcu port, and send non-mcu midi commands (user-configurable) to map some buttons to a specific DAW function...

those people interested can find more information in this wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/d8b-2-mcu/w/list

the guy that helped me uploaded a video and pics of the cable he made, If someone wants to build their own he can get help there..

I recommend you to visit each page on the wiki to see whats going on,
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby elperroromel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 am

Here is a video showing the program working, I was playing a song in FL studio, and FL studio doesn't support the extenders, that's why only first 8 channels work, but later I will upload a video using Reaper, Reaper suports all the 48 channel I implemented (in 2 banks of 24) NOTE: that is not HUI Mode neither MIDI Mapping, is a software I made like d8bridge, but with my program, I can still use the audio part of the d8b (preamps/buses/eq/comp/etc..) just the controlling of the mackie CPU is disconnected when in "DAW Mode" but audio part is still working...

more info at: https://code.google.com/p/d8b-2-mcu/w/list
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby elperroromel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:01 am

Here is another video using Reaper, all 24 channels works, here I'm playing with Freddie Mercury hhehe some tracks I downloaded from youtube hehe only for testing the program stability...,

elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mr.Fonic » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Elperroromel great work. Where DL prg ?
PC 4core 3.8 Windows 11, Mackie d8b 5.1 OS, Mackie HDR24/96, Motu 2408mk3, t.c. electronic Finalizer 96k and M2000, Roland A-880, Behringer T1953 and DSP8024, Fostex 8 track tape, TC-HELICON voiceworks plus, Alesis AI-1, Yamaha MSP-5, Waves 13
Mr.Fonic

Postby elperroromel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Mr.Fonic wrote:Elperroromel great work. Where DL prg ?

still working on it, I will upload it later, maybe if you build your own cable and send me a pic I could send you a copy so you can test it ... :)
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Badbass780 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Really terrific work. The time and effort you put into this are admirable, and thank you for sharing your success with the d8b community. But let me guess... PC only? No mac?
Badbass780

Postby Axeman098 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:04 am

This is nice, but I do not see the channel XLRs in use. Will the analog I/o be available?
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby elperroromel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Badbass780 wrote:Really terrific work. The time and effort you put into this are admirable, and thank you for sharing your success with the d8b community. But let me guess... PC only? No mac?

for now I'm using PC but I'd like to make it Mac compatible, just need to find cros-platform
Serial port management and Midi libraries and implement them, but I don't have a Mac environment to test the program, I would need to Install Mac, also, I had an idea of makin the program work under Linux, and then Execute a Virtual Machine with a very small linux running the program, on maybe it could work on PC or MAc
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum