Change font size   Print view

d8bridge working with AUDIO on the console!!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: d8bridge working with AUDIO on the console!!

Postby Recording Drummer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:41 am

Hi Elperroromel,

This is Recording Drummer. Outstanding work! It looks like your program will fit my needs. I am sure I could make the cables. I have version 3 with no Hui, but from what I read, it does not matter. But no posts since August. Wondering how things are going? I definitely need 48 tracks of recording. Please let me try it and if it works for me I will be glad to make a donation. Please give us an update on how things are going.

RD

PS Maybe it is best to decide what forum to post this topic since we are in both the bridge and d8 forum. The thread I just created is a copy from the other forum. Can't wait to hear from Master El to post some updates:)
Recording Drummer

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:28 pm

hey guys i found this articel about usb to com on mac
http://plugable.com/2011/07/12/installing-a-usb-serial-adapter-on-mac-os-x

could be usefull
Red Carpet

Postby system32 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 am

The project is dead, I was a contributor too.

I will rewrite this from scratch in java, so anyone will be able to use it.
system32

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:18 am

system32 wrote:I will rewrite this from scratch in java, so anyone will be able to use it.

That's how we started the D8Bridge project, using Java (Eclipse). Java has issues with real time handling of MIDI, we couldn't have 6 MIDI ports and the serial port running at the same time without a crash. Frank (my old partner) is a Java developer, we tried to fix it, never found the solution so I rewrote the whole thing and took over... Maybe you'll find what was the problem, good luck! :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby munkustrap » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi

sorry to reactivate this thread.
I checked the schematics of the d8b console and there is the DCA section where the whole monitoring stuff is done.
(routing 2 Track inputs, speaker outputs, cue outputs and their volumes). This is NOT done via the DSP board and is controlled via the normal serial port of the console (not the DSP serial connection to the CPU).
These commands would be very interesting, as it will be possible to make the d8b console not only a controller but additional a Monitor controller !
Does anybody has this commands ?
munkustrap

Postby Marc Girard » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:28 pm

munkustrap wrote:I checked the schematics of the d8b console and there is the DCA section where the whole monitoring stuff is done.
(routing 2 Track inputs, speaker outputs, cue outputs and their volumes). This is NOT done via the DSP board and is controlled via the normal serial port of the console (not the DSP serial connection to the CPU).
These commands would be very interesting, as it will be possible to make the d8b console not only a controller but additional a Monitor controller !
Does anybody has this commands ?

I've been working on this lately. I call it the "DSP" side of things. It took us a little while to figure out the "CONTROL" protocol, but the DSP is even more complex. EQs, Faders, Sends, etc. It'll be supported in V2.0
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby elperroromel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi guys! I'm BACK!!! I will continue development, (i have been very busy but now I will have more free time) but as time is money, maybe I will have to get money for the time I will have to invest :p hehe for now I'm working in the HUI translation to use with Pro Tools, I have tested it with Pro Tools 10 (in Windows) and Its almost working, all 24 channels, (just need to fix the Vpot leds behavior) for people using Mac OS , maybe they wiil need to use a virtual machine running windows, and create some virtual Serial Ports, and use a program that sends the Serial Port Info from the Virtual Machine, to MIDI ports, so you could use Pro Tools in Mac, (or also you can use a netbook running Windows and the program with physical MIDI ports to your MAC )
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby thruhiker » Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Sweet!! :D
thruhiker

Postby bitSync » Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 pm

elperroromel wrote:Hi guys! I'm BACK!!!

Welcome back!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum