Change font size   Print view

new d8bridge approach

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: new d8bridge approach

Postby TheJetTek » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:37 am

Is there a specific version(s) of OSX that are supported?
TheJetTek

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 am

all OSX Versions that support USB MIDI should be covered as the drivers are part of the OSX in this case.
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 am

PROGRESS UPDATE !

Hi guys. I know all are waiting hardly to get the probox.

I've choosen a testuser now. "MrMister" is the "lucky" guy that will get the box in a week for free. But he will help me a lot
by testing the probox AND comparing it to the real Mackie MCU XTs. He owns a d8b AND the Mackie MCUs with XTs.

He will test the probox with Logic and after a short startup phase he will give a short report in this forum.

All others that offers their help to me: Thanks a lot !

The day where you can order a probox isn't far away anymore !
At this point I also want to talk about the most important part of the whole project -> SUPPORT !

It is planned to sell a 100% functional probox, but we know some bugs can always be hidden somewhere.
Bugs usually will appear when more people are working with a device. So the more people use a probox, the chance that a bug will become visible is higher.

The secont part is, that there might be functions that somebody is missing or is not practicable. Maybe somebody has a great idea what can be improved.

I will do FREE updates 2-4 weeks after a bug is reported. Reason: I need the time to debug that and find the root cause and I want to "wait" if somebody else reports additional stuff. I do not want to make an update for each single problem.

urgent bugs will be fixed on short note to ensure a working probox for everyone.

functional updates are also FREE (I do not wan't to handle many different funcional Versions)

Why do I do that huge effort? Simple answer. I also will work with a d8b and the probox. So I'm also interested to have a 100% working system.

As a part of customer Support, everybody will receive a fully tested probox. I have written a testprogram that covers all
commands from the DAW to the Probox and back and from the d8b to the probox and back. So the full communication commands between daw and d8b are tested on every probox that will be sold.

best regards
Munk
munkustrap

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Munk,

I would like to be the first to buy this from you.....

Please let me know

Thanks
mixingmusic

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi Mixingmusic

I reserved one for you.
munkustrap

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

munkustrap wrote:Hi Mixingmusic

I reserved one for you.

Thank You! :D
mixingmusic

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:44 pm

IMPORTANT !!!

Preorders for the probox can be placed here http://probox.weritz.com/form.php

Rules:
- a placed preorder DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY THE PROBOX. When
you are person on the list that gets the next probox I will contact you. Then you can decide if you want to buy one / or more
or not. If you don't want to buy, I go to the next person on the list. If you want to buy a probox afterwards, then you have to preorder again with this form. If you tell me that you still want the box, then I send you the payment via paypal.
- please fill in all fields.
- the first comes the first gets one (except mixingmusic, he is on the top of the list).

price is fixed, will be 200 Euros per box excl. shipment, taxes, toll, paypal costs
for US: value of unit (hardware) will be 70 dollars and marked as gift. So you should save taxes and toll.
This can be done as the hardware costs are in that range. So there will be no wrong declaration.

regards
Munk
munkustrap

Postby fred620 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:33 am

Hey Buddy MUNK:

Just so im understand this correctly...I can sell my huge D8B power supply and use Probox to power my D8B once this becomes available to the public? Also...were you able to utilize the talk-back feature on the d8b?

Just to let you know..your quick response to the users on this forum and making this available in the time frame you said goes a loooong way with your future customers. It looks like alot of people are on board as well as myself. I bought this board in January SOLELY in preparation for D8Bridge 2.0 but as we have seen here and that wont happen soon. Im not here to bash the creators of d8bridge but their customer service department does need work.
And if i can ill speak for everyone on this forum we have projects and or session NOW that we would like to utilize our D8Bs on but can't because that particular software/hardware is not available. We have still not heard anything from its creator on a release date.
Im excited and i wish u well with your creation. I just signed up and im ready to buy as soon as you send me the email requesting my funds.

Thanks again: Fred620
fred620

Postby munkustrap » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:41 am

Hi Fred620 and all others.

NO YOU NEED YOUR POWER SUPPLY !!!
But there is an "easy" way to get the supply fanless. (I made a post in the fanless thread).
The probox itself is powered via the USB.

The will be NO Audio with the probox. I had planned to use the Monitoring and talkback section but when I analysed the schematics of the d8b I realized that there is not a big functionality possible.

What is possible ?:
- Selection of the three Inputs: Track A,B,C. The selected Input will be routed to Studio,Cue1 and Cue2. It is not possible to
use different Inputs A,B,C at the same time (eg. Input A to Monitor, Input B to Cue1).
- Talkback on the different Outputs
- Volume control of the Outputs (Spkr A, Spkr B, Cue1, Cue2)

So in fact it is NOT possible to control a seperate Cue mix.
But ist possible to make a monitor switch Inputs A,B,C to main or nearfield. Talkback can be set to a cue Output.
maybe that interesting for you?

At the moment I decided to make a 4th USB Midi Port and use this Buttons as a genecric Controller. I think thats more usable. What do you think?
munkustrap

Postby pajrul » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:21 pm

hi friend munk,
i am a lecturer in a university in malaysia. i teach sound design and recording. we have an old d8b that is still being used. we have a lot of mac computers, so this box will be extremely useful. please reserve a unit for us. thank you.

norman rashid
pajrul

PreviousNext

Return to ProBox