Change font size   Print view

Reaper, Pro Box and the d8b.

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: Reaper, Pro Box and the d8b.

Postby munkustrap » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

the probox works with reaper 4
all 24 channels !!! just tested it with the latest version in demo mode.

reaper supports this now, you do not need klinke

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby Recording Drummer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Great Ralph,

Is it possible to control more than 24 tracks without sounding greedy? :lol:

THX!

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby munkustrap » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:21 am

yes more than 24 :-)

with "all 24channels" I just wanted to mention that the configuration MCU + 2 XTs is working without klinke

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby Recording Drummer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:25 am

Ralph,

Would I need Klinke to do more than 24? Sorry for all these questions, but the more I see your posts to everyone and their responses the more interested I get. I just wish there was a quick way to go back and forth with the original Mackie software. I know you addressed this before. I think it's my only hold up and that I want to make sure when I reach in to my piggy bank I will be happy. No reflection on you. You have been a stand up guy throughout this whole process with a working unit. Can't ask for more than that! Thank you!

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby munkustrap » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:31 am

Recording Drummer wrote:Ralph,

Would I need Klinke to do more than 24? Sorry for all these questions, but the more I see your posts to everyone and their responses the more interested I get. I just wish there was a quick way to go back and forth with the original Mackie software. I know you addressed this before. I think it's my only hold up and that I want to make sure when I reach in to my piggy bank I will be happy. No reflection on you. You have been a stand up guy throughout this whole process with a working unit. Can't ask for more than that! Thank you!

RD

No you don't need Klinke.
Setup Reaper 4 with one MCU and 2 XTs and thats it. You can access more than 24 channels by using the Bank/channel Buttons (shift by 24 or step by one channel)
munkustrap

Postby Recording Drummer » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:18 am

Hi Ralph,

That all sounds great! I will watch how your audio cable pans out. This is a very interesting concept and as you know I'm one of the guys that wants to use the board and control Reaper.

I GOT THIS FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

what I expect:
CPU/PSU audio on dsp works 100% as CPU "sees" the console and full DSP. BUT it cannot be controlled via console. You
can only control it via the PC !!!
console is on probox and control your daw. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE THIS WORK ON A VIDEO IF IT WORKED.

Problems:
- the emterbridge may get a mess if the dsp board controls it and the DAW sends signals. THIS CONCERNS ME A BIT.
- boot order must be checked (first probox or first d8b?)

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby munkustrap » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 am

Recording Drummer wrote:Hi Ralph,

That all sounds great! I will watch how your audio cable pans out. This is a very interesting concept and as you know I'm one of the guys that wants to use the board and control Reaper.

I GOT THIS FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

what I expect:
CPU/PSU audio on dsp works 100% as CPU "sees" the console and full DSP. BUT it cannot be controlled via console. You
can only control it via the PC !!!
console is on probox and control your daw. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE THIS WORK ON A VIDEO IF IT WORKED.

Problems:
- the emterbridge may get a mess if the dsp board controls it and the DAW sends signals. THIS CONCERNS ME A BIT.
- boot order must be checked (first probox or first d8b?)

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

RD

Hi

- so I do not have a CPU/PSU and thats the reason why I cannot try this out. The whole stuff is theoretical
- boot order I thinks should be first console/probox and then CPU/PSU (but has to be checked)
- Meterbridge from the probox can be turned off (so no influence via DAW if your use audio and it is displayed on your meterbridge). If you want to use DAW Meterbridge, DSP Audio in d8B should be off (except the main meters can be used)

but that all has to be tested, but I do not own an CPU/PSU
munkustrap

Previous

Return to ProBox