Change font size   Print view

send audio via adat I/O??????

Discussion board for ProBox users

send audio via adat I/O??????

Postby ismains » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:12 am

Hi everyones!

i maybe in the deep left field with my question but here it goes anyway...would it be possible to use the adat output
card on the d8b to send audio to my tascam fw-1804 interface that as adat I/O and world clock too...
each d8b adat card can send 8 chanels but there is a but with the probox the audio is not working but does the adat
audio signal is on or off with the probox that my real question since my studio is in waiting mode for major renovation i cannot try it
if anyone of you have tried it maybe you could share with me your experience....if ever it is working the d8b could be a daw controller and an audio interface as well via adat output (3 adat cards = 24 chanels output)like a MOTU 24Ai.

thanks to all
ismains

Re: send audio via adat I/O??????

Postby ismains » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 am

Ok maybe i have been misunderstood here
lets see how i can express what i mean...so with the probox the audio part (inputs) are not working
so that mean that if i connect a microphone into the d8b chanel there will be not signal getting in the board
but if i use the d8b in normal mode with is cpu and pc the audio mode is turn on...so if it's on that mean that the adat ouptut should work with an interface that as adat input + the world clock link between the d8b and the interface
am i right ???so i could be able to use the d8b 3 x 8 adat ouptut into a 24 chanels input adat interface
and switch back to probox for controlling the daw after the record ????????

too bad that if the probox could turn on the audio when with it the record button on a track and switch back to daw
when the record button is disable but the the other option is not bad too
anyone's working that way or have someway similar like that..............
thanks
ismains

Postby munkustrap » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi

i do not have a cpu and no Adat Outs so I cannot try this.
I expect that it could work, BUT you will get problems with the meterbridge.
The DSP board will send Meterbridge commands to the brainboard and the DAW will send other commands to the brainboard.
On the Meterbridge you will get a mixture of these both meterbridge values.

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby ismains » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:31 am

Thanks Ralph!

now i understand way better ...so i think that i migth use a switch box (printer switch box)to use either probox or d8b as normal
ismains

Return to ProBox