Change font size   Print view

New to PROBOX...

Discussion board for ProBox users

New to PROBOX...

Postby J-One » Tue May 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Howdy folks,

I'm new to the board and new to the PROBOX.

I'm interested in using my D8b as a controller for Logic Pro X as well as audio, once I do the CF card replacement.

Is there a section on this board where I can learn all there is to know about the PROBOX?

(I guess the D8Bridge has died a death….)
J-One

Re: New to PROBOX...

Postby Bezze » Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Hello and welcome!

I use the Probox with logic pro x, and it works like a sharm.
I also use the d8b as a monitor controller, however, i do not route my input sound through the d8b.
How is it that you want to use it?

Best Regards

Jesper
Bezze

Postby munkustrap » Fri May 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi

the probox doesn't Support that, but there are some guys on the board that uses it with a printer Switch.
munkustrap

Postby Rstreetstudio » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:59 pm

I am new to probox and I need help in connecting my d8b to work with my pro box unit and daw. I have an iMac with 3.06 ghz processor intel core 2 duo. 12gb of memory running yosemite v 10.10.5. I'm using protools 12 with an maudioprofire 2626 interface and that is linked to the Behringer ad8000.
I'm having some difficulty trying to get things hooked up and was wondering if you could provide some insight. I'm not really interested in using the preamps, but mostly want to use it as a controller. I have the box hooked up to the usb port on my computer. Right now 8 of the track light are lit and the position and range are lit. I'm assuming I need to connect midi cables to the unit from the d8b cpu. Is it necessary from me to run a toslink cable from the console to my interface? I'm a little lost how to set this whole thing up. Please help!
Rstreetstudio

Postby munkustrap » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:50 am

Rstreetstudio wrote:I am new to probox and I need help in connecting my d8b to work with my pro box unit and daw. I have an iMac with 3.06 ghz processor intel core 2 duo. 12gb of memory running yosemite v 10.10.5. I'm using protools 12 with an maudioprofire 2626 interface and that is linked to the Behringer ad8000.
I'm having some difficulty trying to get things hooked up and was wondering if you could provide some insight. I'm not really interested in using the preamps, but mostly want to use it as a controller. I have the box hooked up to the usb port on my computer. Right now 8 of the track light are lit and the position and range are lit. I'm assuming I need to connect midi cables to the unit from the d8b cpu. Is it necessary from me to run a toslink cable from the console to my interface? I'm a little lost how to set this whole thing up. Please help!

Hi, If I understand you right, then the first 8 green LEDs in the channels lite up. That means that your d8b and probox are ready to work. I think you have not set the probox to logic mode (you are in Mackie Mode) Therefore it is not Auto detected by logic. Do you have the Manual ? check the chapter probox Setup to Switch to logic protocol.
best regards
munkustrap

Return to ProBox