Change font size   Print view

Analog sound out headphone jack

Discussion board for ProBox users

Analog sound out headphone jack

Postby Rob007 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:48 am

I have 2 d8bs and two pro boxes everything works but no sound out of phone jack, main or Nearfields is there something I’m missing for sound?
Rob007

Re: Analog sound out headphone jack

Postby Y-my-R » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 pm

The ProBox turns the D8B into a MIDI controller for your DAW. It emulates a Mackie Control Universal and two 8-Fader extenders, for a total of 24-channels of simultaneous MIDI control.

What the D8B gives you on top of the MIDI control, is "Monitor Controller" functionality. Basically, something similar to the Mackie Big Knob (but it's not exactly the same).

Just like with the Big Knob, the only audio that will come out of the D8B when using it with a ProBox, is audio that you feed into it... via cables that go into the D8B's Monitor section. So the 2-Track A/B/C inputs, mainly.

I think you can connect some of the Aux-Sends (that would typically be used as outputs from the D8B) and feed an external signal INTO them, turning them into Aux-INPUTS that can also be chosen as a headphone signal source... but I think the Impedance is all wrong since those jacks are designed to be outputs, and the levels won't be that great... or you have to match the impedance before sending signal in there, or something. This is described in the ProBox manual, if I recall correctly.

What you will NOT get from a D8B when used with the ProBox, is signal from your DAW magically appearing at the D8B's speaker or headphone outputs, if you don't connect audio cables between your audio interface and the D8B's 2-Track A/B/C or the right Aux-Sends, for this purpose.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Analog sound out headphone jack

Postby Rob007 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am

Thank you now I can sell my Dangerous DBox!
Rob007

Return to ProBox