Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge 1.01 Updates Soon!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

D8Bridge 1.01 Updates Soon!

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 am

Hello all,

Sorry for the lack of news on the D8Bridge project, I've been busy working on other projects lately!

Now, the good part: D8Bridge v1.01 is coming up soon! Three main bugs have been fixed:

- Pans no longer init weird on the loading/init of D8Bridge
- Unmapped buttons don't send "RecRdy Off" messages anymore
- Cakewalk Sonar should be working fine now! (FINALLY!)

I had requests to check for the UNDO button... It is working and sending the correct command (based on the Logic MCU document) but it looks like Nuendo/Cubase ain't responding to this command. Might be a bug in Steinberg's implementation or I'm just not sending the legal command (the MCU is a little different than a Logic Control)

Now, if you guys found a weird bug or anything strange, send me and email on the D8Bridge Support mail account! (Link available on D8Bridge's web site).

For those who bought the software, you'll receive the updated version on your email account.

Cheers all,
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Re: D8Bridge 1.01 Updates Soon!

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Guys, it's bug squashing season!

I found another important bug... The FADER routine has a bug that sends 8bit value to the MIDI line (and it's illegal, 7bit are the norm). So, if you are using something else than MidiYoke, thoses 8bit values are sent in a weird way and causes FADER jumps and other erratic behavior with your DAW. MidiYoke sends the 8bit values anyway and don't seem to care, that's why this bug got through!

There's another feature I'd like to add to version 1.01 (or maybe 1.1) is the FAST FADER movement. That would be a brand new feature (that even the original D8B OS don't have!). There's a undocumented command that moves fader at twice the speed (but less precise as I understand). So, I might add a routine that moves the fader faster is the value changes are greater than say, 5dBs. The advantages would mostly be on bank swaps and other repositioning routines...

Please let me know if you find any more bugs, I'm taking care of them now! :D
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Freqabeat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Thats great news. is there any updates for us Mac users or for pro tools users?
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Mackie d8b v5.1 | Pro Tools HD9 | Motu 2408mk3 | 2 Motu 2408mk1's | Apple Mac Pro Quad 3.0
Freqabeat

Postby neto117 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Marc Girard wrote:Hello all,
- Cakewalk Sonar should be working fine now! (FINALLY!)
For those who bought the software, you'll receive the updated version on your email account.

Cheers all,

This is music to my ears, :D When should we expect the update?

Thanks,

Ernesto
D8B 5.1, PROBOX, Tascam FW-1804 & US-1800, Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interfaces, Win10 PRO, AMD PhenII X6 3.3 GHz, 16gb Ram, SONAR Platinum, Five 1tb HDs One for OS & Progs Four Mirrored in 2 Vols for Audio & Video files and a 60G SSD.
neto117

Postby eaygee » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 am

Greetings Marc can you get the Aux section to work? Never had access to that yet. How about locator section and the undo would be beautiful in Nuendo The ability to edit Plugins...

Give Thanks...

AG
eaygee

Postby MOSHWITZ » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 am

Sup? :)

Cool news,,and I was just looging in to ask to see how the Sonar dilemma was working out as I have something coming up with the guys that use Sonar on their rig.

I have a question for you Marc,,, How accurate in resolution are the fader movements supposed to be?

I can never get them to exactly to "0" without using my mouse. I can get just above or below it by a few points like 0.1 or -0.2 but never right on it. ( I'll have a look and get the exact value here later)

I remember seeing the fader calibration button on your setup example,,,but it doesn't appear on the D8vridge Software. Is this something that might be implemented later, or is there another way to get it tightened up? or is this normal within spec. kinda thing?

Thanks,, Keep on Kicking Ass.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello all!

D8Bridge development is going real good these days! I'll skip version 1.01 and go to 1.1 right away. It should be ready in a week or so. I've added a few new features and bug fixed a lot of little things here and there! (Nothing major really, though).

@Ernesto: The new release should be sent to you in a week or two. You'll receive v1.1 via email.

@eaygee: The AUX section is supposed to work. It might me an implementation bug (DAW or D8Bridge). Which DAW are you using?

@MOSHWITZ: The faders on the D8B has a total of 256 positions. (Twice the normal MIDI resolution). I find it strange that you can't get to 0.0 and it might have to do with the bad fader math I had before. I'll have a look. On the Cakewalk front, I just tested Sonar 8.5 with 32 channels and D8Bridge, it worked real good! No meter bridge though :( (Sonar didn't implement it).

Cheers all!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Freqabeat » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Hey Marc, Glad to see all the progress. I've been following all your post even before i owned a d8b (new user as of 2 weeks ago). Have you made any headway on working with Mac or with Pro Tools? I use both Pro Tools and Logic so just the Mac portion would be a great leap for me.
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Mackie d8b v5.1 | Pro Tools HD9 | Motu 2408mk3 | 2 Motu 2408mk1's | Apple Mac Pro Quad 3.0
Freqabeat

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Freqabeat wrote:Hey Marc, Glad to see all the progress. I've been following all your post even before i owned a d8b (new user as of 2 weeks ago). Have you made any headway on working with Mac or with Pro Tools? I use both Pro Tools and Logic so just the Mac portion would be a great leap for me.

The Mac version is progressing slowly. I've got a serial bug that keeps me from talking correctly to the D8B. I'm searching for a solution as of now. Looks like the Prolific USB/Serial cable works so-so on the Mac. I might have something for you Mac guys coming soon, I just can't say for now! :) You'll know soon, once v1.1 is released.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:11 am

hey that is great i just was wondering if you could make the buttons f1 f2 f3 and so on work to get the menu that respond to the f1 f2 f3 and so on the computer keyboard

this is the mixer and
time coding and so on
in cubase

do not know it those function are in nuendo too

and i can say that i am so f!@!#$ happy that i got the d8b working now :mrgreen:

thanks dudes
Red Carpet

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum